Garden Roofing Systems in New Mexico & El Paso
Ridgeline Supply Co. proudly distributes Garden Roofing Systems. Unlike conventional earth covered structures, garden roof assemblies are lightweight and can be installed on a wide variety of new and existing structures.
Why Have a Green Roof?
Besides being aesthetically pleasing, a green roof can provide building owners and tenants with many ecological, technical and economic benefits:
- Enhances building’s appearance
- Adds space for tenant use and recreation
- One answer to the “urban heat island” problem
- Stormwater management – retain 50%-90% of a typical rainfall on the roof
- Improves building’s energy efficiency
- Processes airborne toxins and re-oxygenates the air
- Creates therapeutic and peaceful environments
Firestone SkyScape Vegetative Roofing System
Firestone SkyScape™ Vegetative Roof System can be installed in conjunction with any of Firestone’s premium, fully adhered RubberGard™ EPDM and UltraPly™ TPO membranes as part of the Firestone EnviroReady™ Roofing System. You can also combine SkyPaver™ Composite Roof Pavers with SkyDrain™ drainage mats to create versatile rooftop living spaces.
The SkyScape Vegetative System is designed to promote healthy plant growth. Both designs feature a protective root barrier, drainage and filtration layers, water retention reservoir for storm water metering, growing media and the plants themselves. They can also accommodate an irrigation system.
Available in an extensive modular tray system or an intensive multi-layered system, SkyScape provides a host of environmental benefits:
- Creates an insulating layer that helps reduce building heating and cooling costs
- Protects the roofing material from UV and heat stress degradation
- Mitigates wind uplift
- Extends the service life of the underlying roof system
- Improves storm water management
- Enhances air quality resulting from the conversion of carbon dioxide to oxygen and decreased ambient air temperature, which in turn reduces heat-island effect
- Increases aesthetics and creates wildlife habitat
- Qualifies for up to a 30-year Firestone Red Shield™ Warranty
- Contributes to LEED®-certified green building projects